· Work within the data science team and very closely with our Data Scientists to support greater functionality in our data systems and models;
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc;
· Develop, test and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures (such as large-scale processing systems) and ensure that these meet business requirements;
· Assemble large, complex data sets leveraging internal and external data sources;
· Build or support the infrastructure required for optimal ETL from a wide variety of data sources using appropriate technologies.
· Understand and address data security issues.
We are looking for a candidate with education in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
They should also have working experience using the following software/tools:
· Relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Postgres, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, etc.
· AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) and/or Google Cloud Services;
· Scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
· Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
· Good knowledge of software architecture design for larger scale scripts;
· Time management and organizational skills: the candidate will have to be able to scope projects and pro-actively understand projects opportunities;
· Ability to produce documentation;
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, preferably in Media;
· Microsoft Excel (some knowledge or previous experience of VBA is also a plus)
Additional desired skills:
· Ability to analyse and gain insights from data;
· Interest in Data Visualization;
· An understanding of machine learning and statistical modelling techniques;
· Advanced Spanish & English
· The place of residence must be located in the Madrid Region (Comunidad de Madrid)
· Able to work legally in Spain (full-time)